Saturday, January 16, 2016

PORT AUGUSTA


The road into Pt Augusta was very picturesque


Yep


Ummm a bit of a funny story for you....
When we left Whyalla I thought it was pointless carrying the 40 litres of petrol on our roof as we had traversed the Nullabor without the need of it so instead of using LPG I switched over to petrol and just out of Pt Augusta I took one of the jerry's from the roof and filled the petrol tank back up.  
Coming into the main town of Pt Augusta I let out a big WhooooWhooo! 'Look at the price of LPG here and I quickly proceeded to swerve violently into the petrol station because I was definitely filling up there.  Any way I left the filling up with Karen cause over the road was a very convenient Sip and Save store that contained some vital XXXX supplies for us to continue our trip. 
On getting back to the petrol station I thought we should be all fueled up however Karen said we have only managed to put $2.65 into the tank.  The station manager told us that must be the slow pump so we used the other one but still the same problem!! I thought great, now we have another problem!
We tried swapping the pumps over again but that didn't work so the manager said he was going to re-start his pumps a little later but in the mean time there was another station with LPG down the road.  So with van in tail, we headed to the other station that had the same great price and proceeded to fill up, only to have the same problem! Yep definitely a problem with our gas system as this manager said he didn't have anyone with problems today and after the second time Karen went into the station store to pay the 89 cents that we owed I noticed a funny thing on the dash board.... And so with an already very full gas tank because we were running on petrol....


IT WAS TIME TO HIT THE ROAD! AND NOT TELL ANYONE WE WERE FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA



No comments:

Post a Comment