Sunday, May 8, 2016

BATHURST


We turned up to Bathurst which is home to the famous Bathurst 1000 km V8 Super Car race.  I have watched the V8 super cars since I have been a child.  Watching Allen  Moffet win in the ford GTHO  and  the famous Peter Brock win 9 times for Holden much to my excitement I was able to stand on and drive the famous track. 


The famous start line!


With much inspiration I decided to try my luck as a race car driver in my Nissan  4WD! The first time a 4WD has ever raced in Bathurst!


View the famous lap here!


Race control can you please confirm my win!  Thank you, thank you!


and the winner is me!!



And I got much of my inspiration from this man, Peter Brock.  I won't hold it against him that he drove for GMH.


Strolling around the 'not so frequented areas of Bathurst you can see remains of car parts such as this alternator.


Interestingly Bathurst was the home of our former Prime Minister Ben Chifley.


But there was much more to Bathurst than the 1000 km super car race.... Take for example this beautiful building brilliantly crafted of sandstone from the area.  Only thing is to stay here is at Her Majesty's pleasure, only thing is once you get in they don't seem to want to let you out, verrrry strange!


Just some of the magnificent trees that change colour in Autumn





And time to say goodbye to my beloved Bathurst and hit the road.  Actually at the insistence of Karen I have been told I have to change up the road theme!  So here we go.....

Hit the road!



No comments:

Post a Comment